The following topics will be discussed:
1. A brief reminder of what is new in the tax field
- Here we will cover recent regulations and other notices issued by SARS. The constitutional court recently considered this in the in duplum rule in Paulsen and another vs Slip Knot Investments. Does it apply to a tax debt?
2. The tax consequences of barter transactions
- The recent South Atlantic Jazz Festival tax case will be used to set the context. Whilst the focus would be on the Value-added Tax aspect some of the basic principles of gross income and deductions will also be covered.
3. Debit loans
- In tax case 13 512 the taxpayer convinced the court that the debit loans were not subject to the secondary tax on companies. We will revisit the dividends tax consequences of debit loans in order to understand if this decision has any impact on the deemed dividend subject to the dividends tax.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 2 hours verifiable output tax CPD points/units for members of professional bodies like AICA, CIMA, SAIPA, SAIBA, ACCA, FPI, CSSA, LSSA, FISA, ICBA, IAC, AAT.
- 2015 CPD subscribers: Free (use your promo code when registering for this event)
- SAIT members: R 370.00
- Non-members: R 450.00
When and where
- 22 June 2015
- From 15h00 until 17h00
- Online webinar
Click here for more information and registration.