The 2015 amendments to the IFRS for SMEs were issued on 21 May 2015. Practitioners using the IFRS for SMEs are required to apply the amendments for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2017, although earlier application is permitted. Join Prof. Hentie van Wyk for this full-day seminar when he will cover the amendments in detail and also provide you with a refresher on the standard as a whole.
After attending this session you will be able to:
- Understand the latest changes to the IFRS for SMEs standard and how to apply them.
- Understand the Companies Act requirements and apply the IFRS for SMEs to your clients’ business.
- Make informed decisions and provide practical advice.
- Produce and interpret financial statements and information.
- Enable you to prepare fairly presented and SARS-compliant financial statements.
1. Scope including Companies Act requirements
2. New amendments introduced in 2015
3. Comparison with full IFRS
4. Detailed practical illustrations of the above
5. All sections covered in the IFRS for SMEs including:
- Financial Instruments
- Investments in Associates
- Joint Ventures
- Investment properties
- Property plant and equipment
- Intangible assets
- Business combination
- Borrowing costs
- Impairment of Assets
- Employee Benefits
- Income tax
- Foreign Exchange
- Events after reporting date
- Related parties
Who should attend?
Accountants, tax practitioners, auditors, bookkeepers and other professionals involved in financial reporting for small and medium enterprises.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Attendance of the half-day seminar will accrue 7 + 1 hours’ CPD for professional members of a relevant professional body such as ACCA, SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CSSA, ICBA, LSSA, FPI, and the IBA.
Complete a free online assessment at the end of the event and receive an additional CPD point.
OPTION 1: Full-day seminar + workshop
- Members of SAAA: R 1,890.50
- Non-members: R 1,990.00
OPTION 2: DVD + electronic course notes
- Members of SAAA: R 664.05
- Non-members: R 699.00
All above prices include VAT.
When and where
All seminars will run from 09h00 to 16h30.
- 02 October 2015 – Pretoria, Diep in die Berg
- 07 October 2015 – Johannesburg, Wanderers Club
- 08 October 2015 – Durban, Riverside Hotel
- 09 October 2015 – Cape Town, Lord Charles Hotel
Click here for more information and registration.