The challenges of running a not-for-profit organisation are seemingly endless. From the basic issues around setting up and running an NPO, to more complex challenges of achieving sustainability and evaluating the impact of their programmes. NPOs need to be more savvy than ever before if they want to not only survive, but thrive in today’s economic environment.
This conference has been designed to address the needs of NPOs in South Africa, regardless of sector or size. This year’s speakers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and include both large and smaller NPOs, government departments, academia and agencies and consultants that work extensively with the not-for-profit sector.
- Engaging with the National Lottery Board (NLB) for funding
- Building sustainability in not-for-profit organisations
- The role of the social enterprise in the South African context
- Running a smaller NPO – what are the challenges and how to overcome them
- Techniques for developing effective programmes and measuring their impact
- Online and social media marketing for NPOs
- Exploring opportunities for networking and partnerships with other NPOs
- Workshop: Effective fundraising strategies
- Lessons from King III on corporate governance and The Independent Code for NPOs
- Looking at HR policies and labour legislation and how they affect the not-for-profit sector
Who should attend?
CEOs, MDs, FDs, General Managers, Operations Managers, HR Managers, Marketing Managers from NPOs, NPCs and PBOs. Accountants and lawyers who have NPO clients or who are looking to acquire clients in this sector.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Attendance of one day will accrue 8 hours’ CPD for members of a relevant professional body such as ACCA, SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS, ICBA, LSSA, FPI, and the IBA.
Attendance of the full conference will accrue 16 CPD hours.
OPTION 1: One conference day only
- Members of SAAA: R 1,899.05
- NPOs*: R 1,699.15
- Non-members: R 1,999.00
OPTION 2: Both conference days
- Members of SAAA: R 2,849.05
- NPOs*: R 2,549.15
- Non-members: R 2,999.00
OPTION 3: DVDs (includes electronic notes)
- SAAA members: R 664.05
- NPOs*: R 594.15
- Non-members: R6 99.00
*NPO pricing subject to verification of NPO status. All above prices include VAT .
When and where
- 03 June 2015 – Conference day 1 – The Wanderers Club, Johannesburg
- 04 June 2015 – Conference day 2 – The Wanderers Club, Johannesburg
Click here for more information and bookings.