How to renew your ICBA membership
All you need to do is:
- Make sure you meet all the ICBA membership requirements.
- Download our Membership Application Form.
- Fill it in.
- Enclose the correct fees / proof of payment.
- Send it all to us ASAP.
Membership renewal fees
- Annual membership renewal – all qualified members: R 500
- Annual membership renewal – students (excludes use of designations): R 430
Remember that you can receive a discounted ICBA membership if you’re a registered ICB student.
Why be an ICBA member?
When you are a paid-up ICBA member you will:
- Be able to place those all-important ICBA letters after your name (except for student members).
- Be able to use the ICBA logo on your business cards, letterheads, websites, and other marketing collateral. For more detailed information, please download the ICBA Logo Usage Policy.
- Receive an ICBA membership certificate.
- Receive our FREE tax booklet (hard-copies/electronic).
- Receive a FREE ICBA Members’ Notebook.
- Receive discounts on workshops and seminars run by SAIT, SAAA, Pastel and more.
- Be able to apply to SAIT to become tax practitioner – and get discounted SAIT membership fees. But only if you have the required work experience and ICB qualifications behind you (FETC: Bookkeeping (NQF Level 4) and above). Download the ICBA Tax Practitioner Guideline here.
- Be able to apply for exclusive access to Pastel’s Bookkeepers’ Forum, which entitles you to a software welcome pack, priority telephone support, invitations to Pastel seminars, and much more. Only ICBA members who are bookkeepers in private practice can apply.
- Be able to ask Betty Bookkeeper any work-related questions – she’s your personal technical helpdesk!
- Be able to apply to become an Accounting Officer through SAIBA. ICBA members with the required work experience and ICB qualifications behind them (National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF Level 6) can apply.
- Be able to perform the duties of an ex-officio Commissioner of Oaths if you’re a Certified Technical Financial Accountant and Certified Financial Accountant.
We’re looking forward to having you as ICBA members in 2017!