Limited Special of R 4 865.00 until 30 April
THE ORDEAL OF DISPUTES
STRUGGLING WITH YOUR VAT REFUND
PROBLEMS WITH YOUR DIESEL REBATE
INPUT TAX REVERSED BY SARS
Find yourself dealing with the above issues, more and more? Spending hours contacting the SARS call centre, receiving numerous “case numbers” – are you really able to deal with this?
Is more and more of your valuable time taken up dealing with these issues with no result?
And, if SARS audits you, are you really confident that your knowledge of VAT can deal with this situation? Do you know how to respond to the diesel rebate auditors when they automatically reverse another 20% of your claim?
Have you declared VAT correctly on those grey VAT areas like debtor’s over payments, sale of company cars, VAT on fringe benefits?
If any of the above applies, or you need to improve your VAT knowledge, then the VAT Masterclass is for you!
The 2-day course, VAT Masterclass deals with comprehensive VAT, from registration through to more complex issues and legal rules, focusing on refunds, objections and appeals and what to do when SARS ignores this, “cancels” them or merely debits money from the bank account. The course also deals with the diesel rebate and many of the issues surrounding it.
What you will gain from The VAT Masterclass
You will understand how VAT works, how to answer SARS’ questions and deal with their VAT questions and legal issues so you are not tripped up by them. Most of all, the VAT Masterclass gives you confidence because your VAT knowledge is increased! You will also learn how to correctly deal with the diesel rebate and face down SARS when they threaten to “add back your diesel claims”. The notes will be a go-to reference long after you have attended the class!
Who should attend the VAT Masterclass ?
All who deal with VAT(and the diesel rebate) namely accountants, bookkeepers, auditors, debtors clerks, creditors clerks, Financial Managers, Financial Controllers, Financial Directors, Managing Directors, Tax and VAT Consultants, Owners, Proprietors, CEO’s, CFO’s, MD’s
- VAT jargon explained
- Enterprise – are you operating one?
- VAT registration – effective date, back dating and the BIG 5-year back claim the RAV01, SARS appointments and documents
- VAT deregistration – when its needed and the financial implication
Rules on when VAT is paid (or claimed)
- Charging section
- Accounting bases – using invoices or payments when considering VAT
- Time of supply – when VAT should be paid or claimed and what’s so dangerous about pro-forma invoices
- Open market value – “OMV”
- Standard rated supplies – when 15% is charged, should be charged, or shouldn’t be charged (including some information about the rate change)
- Zero-rated supplies – can I charge 0% VAT and still claim all the input tax?
- Exempt supplies – what these are and how they affect your input tax.
- Deemed supplies – paying VAT to SARS when you did not actually sell anything
- Non-supplies – what it is not
- Mixed supplies and Apportionment – the concept explained, the calculations and how it affects your output and input tax
- Selling scrap, old goods, company cars, or goods you would not normally sell – should you charge VAT
- Fixed properties and commercial accommodation, should you pay VAT when you buy property and can you claim the VAT back?
- Recovery of costs/on charging/ costs recovery: know once and for all how to charge
VAT on this contentious issue. With supporting SARS rulings.
- Non-profit organisations and welfare – find out how VAT can benefit your organisation
- Donations and sponsorships – find out for certain, how VAT works on these
- Adjustments – what these are and why you should consider them
- General rules
- The tax invoice – do you know about the changes? AND, when you do not need one
- National input tax and the VAT 264
- What you can and cannot claim: get in-depth knowledge about:
- Denied deductions
- What “in the course of the enterprise” means
- The 12 month add-back rule
- Bad debts – what the VAT Law does not say
- Agent/principal deductions
- Non-profit and corporate social responsibility deductions
- 5 year rule
- A run through of the return – tips on how to complete
- The diesel rebate: how to claim and how its refund process works
- VAT payments – how much time you have, penalties and interest
- Understatement penalties
- VAT refunds – how much time SARS has, the “pop-up letter”, uploading documents, what to do when SARS does not refund you for no reason, what to do when SARS reverses your input tax for no reason
- Interest on late refunds – how to demand it
Assessments, objections and appeals
- Assessments – what are the reasons
- “The rules” – what they are and how they affect the entire objection and appeal process.
- Keeping time lines and the basics
- Objections – why wording is SO important, what to do if SARS sends you with a notice of invalidity and how to count days
- Appeals – revealing the shocking untruth we have always believed, and why you should not leave it to someone else to do!
Q+A – Bring your documents, SARS letters, SARS allegations and any other problems you have !
Presented By: Dee Bezuidenhout
Dee Bezuidenhout has been involved with VAT for 27 years – first as a SARS auditor, then a Law writer and interpreter, and then in private practice. She has to date presented over 104 VAT workshops (including to SARS’ own staff)
Full notes & catering provided
Certificate for 12 CPD hours issued on completion of course