Compliance is at the heart of every accounting and auditing practice. The main compliance drivers are SARS, CIPC, IRBA and professional bodies.
Join us for this series of events to receive an update on the latest developments, rulings, compliance notices, judgments, inspection reports, and administrative notices issued that you need to know to run a compliance-based practice.
IRBA, CIPC, and SARS regularly make important announcements and notices on legislative amendments and compliance guides. Technical expert Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA will provide a roadmap to compliance.
- Recent compliance and legislative updates affecting accountants, auditors, and tax practitioners:
- SARS: New rulings, tax cases, interpretation notes, SARS guides and operational issues feedback including;
- CIPC: Compliance requirements, amendments, operational issues, new notices, business rescue and other matters, including XBRL and CIPC audits;
- IRBA: Announcements, newsletters, new guides, amendments and related matters affecting the profession, including:
- Inspection report;
- Access to working papers;
- Practice reviews;
- Ethics: NOCLAR and reporting irregularities.
- Other laws: Updates on other laws POPI, COIDA, Labour.
- Practice matters: Some of the issues to be covered include, revised engagement letters, Template for Independent Review Engagements, JSE listing requirements, AGSA audits, access to working papers, medical schemes accounting, engagement letters for non-assurance services, retention of records, and accounting for BEE transactions.
- IFRS: Update on recent Exposure Drafts.
11-Sep – Sandton
12-Sep – Durban
13-Sep – Cape Town
19-Sep – webinar