As of the 1st of January 2019, the national minimum wage acts has become effective and brings various compliance and penalty issue that you and your clients need to be aware of.
The act will have far-reaching effects on employers and as such, auditors and independent reviewers must consider and report on this.
Technical expert Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA has researched and summarised the most salient information for your convenience and will present this to you at this upcoming webinar:
Here is what you will get at the webinar:
- How the act will affect you and your clients
- Exemptions from National Minimum Wage
- Reference to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Changes to specific groups; Domestic workers and Expanded Public Works Programme workers
- The National Minimum Wage Commission
- The possibility of owing back-pay to employees
- Articles identifying concerns and discrepancies within the act
The webinar will be presented on 07 February 2019 from 9:00 to 11:00. Attendance will earn you 2 CPD hours.
The cost of the webinar is R399-00 for an individual or R699 for your whole firm.
As of the 1st of January 2019, South Africa’s first-ever national minimum wage is in effect. Besides employers in South Africa, all attest and assurance staff must stay informed about the laws and regulations that affect their audit and independent review clients.
Any non-compliance with the new National Minimum Wage Act might have far-reaching effects on employers and as such, auditors and independent reviewers must consider and report on this.
Technical expert Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA has researched and summarised the most salient information for your convenience. This includes all the legislated information, recent changes as well as topical articles in the media that you should be aware of.
By the end of the webinar the participant should:
- Be aware of the contents and implications of the new National Minimum Wage Act;
- Be able to inform his/ her staff on how National Minimum Wages affect clients;
- Be able to identify shortcomings or non-compliance for audit and independent review clients; and
- Receive webinar material, including references to documents.
The webinar will cover the following topics in detail:
- Who should know about the new National Minimum Wage Act (NMWA) and why?
- Who does the NMWA apply to?
- When does the NMWA come into effect?
- Exemptions from National Minimum Wage:
- Who can apply for this exemption?
- How to apply for the exemptions process online.
- Reference to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997 (BCEA).
- Recent amendments regarding national minimum wage.
- Recent changes to specific groups:
- Domestic workers.
- Expanded Public Works Programme workers.
- The National Minimum Wage Commission.
- The way forward:
- The possibility of owing back-pay to employees.
- Articles identifying concerns and discrepancies within the NMWA.
- Summary Q&A of the most frequently asked questions regarding the NMWA.
Obtaining your CPD certificate
Attendance of this hour long webinar will accrue 2 CPD hours for members of a relevant professional body such as ACCA, SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS, ICBA, LSSA, FPI, and the IBA. The SAAA CPD policy is compliant with IFAC IES7 and is recognised by SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS and others.
Complete the free online assessment at the end of the event and receive an additional 1 CPD hour.
Who should attend
The following persons will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Professional Accountants including: CA(SA),PA(SA) and BAP(SA);
- Registered auditors (RA);
- Tax practitioners;
- Audit and assurance personnel; and
- Personnel responsible for wages.
- R 399.00 – Online admission – Individual.
- R 699.00 – Online admission – Company.
- Choose Individual if you would like to attend this event yourself or choose Company if you would like to share this event to with your entire firm.
- Click here to find out about the Technical Resource Centre & CPD Subscription options.
- Click here to create a profile and then register for the event (There is no charge to create a user profile and gain access to our free Monthly Practice Management Series).
By attending this webinar you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation,
- Detailed course material and reference documents.
- You can ask questions during the webinar via the online portal, and you will also have access to me the presenter via e-mail after the webinar.