The Tax Issues for Individuals 2019 seminar will cover key issues for completing individual tax returns for the 2019 tax filing season.
The seminar will focus on important amendments to the ITR12 return as well as technical updates, discussions around the practical application and case studies.
· Who is required to submit an ITR12?
· Persons who cease to be residents (expats)
· Declaring amounts considered to be “non-taxable”
· Dealing with amounts that qualify for exemption from normal tax
· Gross income in respect of services rendered or from employment, including directors
· Commission earners and deductions
· Income derived from the carrying of a rental trade and the deductions available, in addition to dealing with losses from rental trade
· Loss ring-fencing
· Married in community of property and amounts which fall into the joint estate (including the death of a spouse married in community of property)
· Investment income
· The exemptions available in respect of interest, dividends and foreign dividends
· Declaring tax-free investment contributions and receipts
· Available deductions
· Lump sums from employers and severance benefits
· Declaring amounts received as a beneficiary from a trust
· Capital gains, including exclusions
· Contributions to retirement funds
· Donations to public benefit organisations
· Travel allowance and motor vehicle fringe benefits
· Lump sums from retirement funds
· Medical rebates