BUSINESS BOOKKEEPING MASTERCLASS
The 2-day course, easy to understand workshop, “Business Bookkeeping Masterclass”, will assist you or your staff to understand how books of account are constructed from source entry to balance sheet.
You will be able to recognize and understand accounting entries that originate within a business, enabling a more controlled environment within which a business can operate in.
You will also be introduced to the accountant and bookkeepers jargon, enabling you to understand the language of business.
Who should attend the Business Bookkeeping Masterclass?
This workshop is designed for individuals, entrepreneurs, financial administrators, personal assistants, and bookkeeping staff who need to gain a basic understanding of how the “books of account” are designed and integrate into business, leading ultimately into the Financial Statements, as well as gain a solid background of Financial Administration and VAT procedures.
2 Day Program
Day 1: THURSDAY 22 November
PROCESSING – DATA AND RECORD KEEPING
Why do we need bookkeeping?
Basic Bookkeeping and Accounting Terminology
Double Entry System / Principle
Books of First Entry – Subsidiary Books
Chart of Accounts (COA)
- Department of Labour – When and How to register and for what
- UI-8 – What this form is for and what to do with it
- UI-19 – What this form is for and what to do with it
- Staff Files – Relevant documents needed to keep in a staff file
- Staff Payslips – When to supply an employee with a payslip and what information is needed to include
- Staff Leave – How staff leave works and how to calculate unpaid leave
- Leave – How annual leave works and how to calculate to pay out
- Workmen’s Compensation – When to register for Workmen’s compensation, and how it works
- Personal Income Tax – The company’s responsibility in terms of staff personal income tax as well as informing staff of their responsibility to submit their own income tax
- SETA – How to register under the applicable SETA and what are the benefits
- ETI Rebate from SARS – To qualify and benefits of this rebate?
- PAYE, UIF & SDL – Relevant deductions from staff salaries and submissions to SARS. (EMP201 Submissions)
- IRP5’s and IT3’s – Issuing of IRP5’s and IT3’s and when required (EMP501)
DAY 2: FRIDAY 23 November
- Depreciation – How to calculate and when
- Fixed Asset Register – How to create one and keep it up to date
- Prepaid Expenses – How does this work and how to record
- Interest Paid and Received – How to calculate and record
- Bookkeeping entries – Understanding the double entry principle in practise
VAT – A BASIC UNDERSTANDING
Registration – How do I register for VAT?
VAT categories – Which category do I fall under?
How to fill in a VAT return
Input VAT – what I can claim and what I can’t claim
Output VAT – what am I supposed to charge
Invoices (What are my invoices supposed to look like?)
E-Invoices (Electronic Documents)
Head Office and Branch transactions
The presenter, Ruzel van Jaarsveld – has over 20 years financial and bookkeeping experience, working in as many industries as well as corporate environments, with extensive knowledge and practical experience of books to financial statements, payroll, VAT and Payee returns, Inventory control, Management Accounts and E-filing.
She is associated with Finsolve Accounting & Tax Solutions which provides Accounting services to an extensive client base of individuals and business operations, and forms part of a team of experienced Accountants and Tax Practitioners.
She is also the Head Facilitator of Biz Facility Training, established in 2010, with numerous years of experience in presenting various Financial Workshops to a vast number of business owners, financial staff and various corporate companies.