Applied knowledge of IFRS is a critical skill for the South African economy. Preparers of financial statements should have their competency in IFRS accredited by completing an internationally-recognised IFRS learning and assessment programme – which will improve your knowledge and practical understanding of IFRS.
The CertIFR© learning and assessment programme is designed for anyone who is involved with the preparation and use of financial statements, or who simply needs to develop or refresh their knowledge of IFRS, including:
- accountants and finance staff,
- investors and portfolio managers,
- risk management,
- compliance and legal teams,
- and regulators and standard setters.
You may opt for the full accreditation programme or just attend the full-day seminar as an IFRS refresher.
- The nature and operations of the IASB
- The status and use of IFRS around the world
- Presentation and profit
- Accounting for assets and liabilities – parts 1 & 2
- Group accounting
- Disclosure standards
- Principal differences between UK/US GAAP and IFRS
- Proposals for change
Continuing Professional Development
Attendance of the seminar will accrue 8 hours’ CPD for members of a relevant professional body such as ACCA, SAICA, AAT, SAIPA, SAIBA, IAC, CIS, ICBA, LSSA, FPI, and the IBA.
Attendance of the full learning and assessment programme will accrue 33 CPD hours.
OPTION 1: Full certified learning and assessment programme
One-day seminar + e-learning programme + online assessment
- Members of SAAA: R 8,939.50
- Non-members: R 9,410.00
OPTION 2: Online certified learning and assessment programme
E-learning programme + online assessment
- Members of SAAA: R 8,037.00
- Non-members: R 8,460.00
OPTION 3: Full-day seminar only
No certification available
- Members of SAAA: R 1,890.50
- Non-members: R 1,990.00
All above prices include VAT.
When and where
All seminars will run from 09h00 to 17h00.
- 11 June 2015 – Durban – Riverside Hotel
- 18 June 2015 – Cape Town – Lord Charles Hotel
- 22 June 2015 – Pretoria – Diep in die Berg
- 23 June 2015 – Johnnesburg – Glenhove Conference Centre
Click here for more information and registration.