SAIT seminar: 2015 Budget and Tax Update – Mar/Apr 2015
The 2015 Budget Speech is more keenly anticipated than ever, as we wait for the revelation of Government’s plans on how we will navigate through the economic and fiscal challenges facing South Africa. Indications are that this Budget will include significant amendments to the tax system, adding to the raft of tax amendments that have recently been promulgated.
This seminar will enable you to cut through the complexities of the Budget Speech and recent tax amendments, as it unpacks the detail in clear, understandable language. The seminar will inform you on recently-promulgated, forthcoming and proposed tax amendments and assist you to evaluate how these changes will impact on your, and your client’s, businesses so that you are well informed on how best to plan, make decisions and advise your clients.
1. The 2015 Budget Speech and related documents and announcements, including:
- New tax rates, tables and exemptions.
- Income tax amendments.
- Donations tax amendments.
- Estate Duty amendments.
- VAT amendments.
- Other proposals.
- VAT on e-commerce transactions.
- VAT on residential property developments.
- Elimination of four-monthly VAT category.
- Changes to record-keeping rules for PBOs.
2. Main tax amendments in 2014 and 2015 including:
- New withholding tax rules.
- Retirement reform proposals.
- Source rules for pensions.
- Changes to company car fringe benefits.
- Small business tax incentives.
- Disallowance of interest deductions.
- Introduction of tax-free saving accounts.
- Changes to the employment tax incentive.
- Changes to provisional tax rules
3. Recent tax judgments, interpretation notes and rulings.
Who should attend?
Tax practitioners, business owners and managers, academics, advisors, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, students and anyone else involved in and interested in business management, finance and/or taxation.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 4 hours verifiable output CPD points/units.
OPTION 1 – Seminar
- CPD subscribers: Free
- SAIT members: R885.00
- Non-members: R985.00
Click here for a list of venues and dates.
OPTION 2 – Dedicated webinar broadcast
Presented on Monday 13 April 2015 from 09h00 to 13h00.
- CPD subscribers: Free
- SAIT member: R370.00
- Non-members: R450.00
Click here to register for the webinar.
OPTION 3 – DVD and electronic course notes
This CPD event will be recorded and available to purchase on DVD from 1 April 2015.
- SAIT members: R595.00
- Non-members: R650.00
Click here to purchase the DVD.